Jun 30, 2009

Fat Smash Diet Update!


Fat Smash Diet and Health Update!

Ok, so a couple of posts ago, I stated that I was interested in doing the Fat Smash Diet program. Well, I started it and I am on the 10th day! Here is some info on this diet...


Promises:

No More Counting Calories!

No More Wasting Time!

Bust Through The Plateau!

The New You Begins Now!

FatSmashCover_ds_188w.jpg


FAT SMASH is specifically designed to be a 90-day program with four phases that will ultimately re-wire your body and its relationship to food and physical activity for the rest of your life. At the end of the 90 days, you will have made small, but important adjustments not only in your food consumption, but your understanding and attitude towards food and the way you view the importance of physical activity in maintaining a healthy life. Each phase builds upon the previous phase like the levels of a pyramid that support the ones above it. The foundation and its integrity are what allow the peak to stand, so you must be careful in constructing the building blocks so that they might be as strong as possible to allow you to reach the top of your goals. Visit www.fatsmashdiet.com for more info on the program.


I bought for book for $1 on Amazon! The first 9 days is called the detox phase. I was allowed to eat fruits, vegetables (except potatoes), brown rice, yogurt, egg whites, oatmeal, beans, and….that’s it! I was only allowed to drink herbal tea and water. I struggled in the beginning; but, after the 3rd day, I settled into the routine. I enjoyed finding ways to create tasty dishes within the diet’s boundaries. I made vegetable stir-fry, vegetable soup, roasted vegetables, egg white omelets, roasted fruit, oatmeal cookies (sugarless and flourless), and black beans and rice. There are a wealth of yummy dishes you can make during the detox period so don’t get discouraged. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can! I love sweets, fried food, potatoes, bread…all of that bad stuff! However, I know that eating fattening foods will keep me from reaching my goals. I’ve made the decision to change. I’ve chose this diet program to help me.


Now, I’m in the second phase called “Foundation.” I can eat small portions of meat and a few other food groups are added as well. Earlier today, I cooked two small, lean pork chops on my George Forman. Shortly after eating them (I didn’t make a side dish) my stomach began to hurt and I felt extremely tired. Maybe this occurred because I hadn’t had any meat in 9 days or maybe it’s because meat, especially pork, doesn’t agree with me. Before starting the diet, I would get the same sluggish, lethargic feeling after eating meat (fried, grilled, or baked). I never had this feeling during the detox phase. In the coming weeks, I will experiment with eliminating certain meats from diet.


I have started a vitamin regimen: Fish Oil (Heart Health)

Cranberry (Urinary Tract Health)

Nail, Hair, and Skin

B12 (Energy and Metabolism)

I’m looking to incorporate a multivitamin. Finally, I have began exercising consistently using my Biggest Loser workout DVDs!! They are tough but I feel myself getting stronger and stronger everyday! I feel skinnier too!


Best wishes,

The Changing Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment