Aug 25, 2009
Here are the details I have set for myself for the Dirty Thirty Challenge.
· Pick a protective style Twist outs, bantu knots, buns
· Pick an amount of days you will workout I will be doing 30 days (not consecutive).
· Identify your hair growth goal and your health goal I will do this challenge until I lose 50 lbs. I need to lose my arm/leg jiggle and love handles. I would like to achieve shoulder length with my hair.
· I already use No-Heat methods, but I’m struggling with what to do with my hair for my birthday.
· Your ends must be protected for most of the day. I can make a really small bun, but I think that puts stress on my hair. I have not experimented with pinning up my twists yet, but I am willing to try. When at home, I will bag.
· Each work out must be at least 30 mins. long to count!!! I will combine my at home work-out DVDs (Biggest Loser) with going to the gym. I’ve had a problem in the past with getting bored with my workouts, so I’m going to mix it up. I plan to weigh-in every other week so that I can track my progress.
· Try not to be weight obsessed, the goal here is to get healthy. I will concentrate on how my body feels.
· Try to eat healthier! I will limit the intake of bread and potatoes because they cause my blood sugar to skyrocket! I will mostly eat food that it grown rather than manufactured.
· You must still find a way to be your beautiful self! No slum-dogging it to work for this challenge! Protective styling can be beautiful! I am falling more and more in love everyday with my natural hair. Transitioning is natural but it will be well worth it!
· I am adding this for myself…Extra Rule for Monica....I am allowed two shopping passes per month for non-necessities (make-up, eating out, clothing) for which I have a $50 limit. ( I need more financial discipline).
I need all the help and support I can get with this. I’ve tried to lead a healthier lifestyle so many times in the past, but have failed. Although within the past 6 months, I have started to eat healthier and exercise occasionally, I have not made that critical lifestyle change. Although I am extremely busy, I need to look at exercising as another job. I also need to change my negative paradigm towards exercise. I know this will take time, but it will happen.
Be Encouraged Beauties!!
"But Those Who Wait On The Lord Shall Renew Their Strength." Isaiah 40:31
Aug 22, 2009
Aug 18, 2009
- The Lord is faithful and merciful!
- Nothing in a formal process is a technicality, especially with the federal government
- Know your priorities
Aug 6, 2009
- I have managed to lose 12 pounds and keep it off.
- I have 6 months post-relaxer (and I'm going strong!).
- Juggling the two part-time jobs, which has is going well.
- I have been confirmed for my PAID internship at the VA (Veteran Affairs) Medical Center this coming school year. I went for my physical last week. They told me I am in good health, but I need to lose more weight (shocker!).
- I am understanding my family more...especially my father. Things are becoming more and more clear everyday.