- I completed grad school back in May. I now have a Master's degree in Social Work.
- Losing weight/maintaining a healthy lifestyle is still a challenge although I have made significant strides in bettering myself. I eat a lot less but still struggle with emotional eating. Being consistent with exercise is another struggle. I need to really step my fitness game up because I KNOW and UNDERSTAND that regular exercise is the only way to achieve long-term weight loss.
- My spiritual growth has been exponential. I have really allowed to the Lord to come into my heart and change me. Lately, I've been praying a lot for renewal and increase. My financial decisions in the past have been destructive; thus, my mind and spirit needs to be changed/renewed in order to handle the increase properly. God's word is so powerful...I've been consuming all that I can and I have a desire to learn more.
- I've struggled with anxiety for most of my life. But (Hallelujah!), I've experience low-or-no anxiety for the past 6 months. I believe that God has a plan for my life and because he lives in me, I handle everything that comes my way. Exercise has helped as well. I've always tried to handle the anxiety on my own but when I began to believe God's word, my thoughts changed. I know that there will be moments or events in my life that will cause me to become anxious/worry (these are normal feelings). However, these feelings won't change what I believe and that is that God is in control of my situation. He knows my limitations and he will help me to do what is impossible for me to do on my own. Everything about me is good and I can expect to win!
- I'm loving my natural hair journey. My hair is growing and thriving. July 4th will be my 10 month Natural Anniversary!! There will be future posts with pics about my journey, regimen, favorite products, favorite styles, etc.
- I will be moving to Connecticut in August for a fellowship at the Department of Veterans Affairs!! I have been blessed with such an amazing opportunity. I have never lived outside the state of Virginia, so this will be truly an adventure. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain!
So that's everything that that has been going on with me over the past year. Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I want to blog regularly. I will be writing more for myself mostly, but I hope to bless, motivate, and inspire someone else in the process.