Sep 7, 2009

My Big Chop

I did the BC last Friday, September 4th on my 23rd birthday!!!

My experience at the salon, to which was my first visit, was not so great.  The stylist was one hour late, she rushed while trying to comb my hair (painful!) and cut it, and she cut too much off.  I managed to grow about 2 inches of new growth during my 7 month transition and I only have about one inch of hair on my head.  I probably don't need to say that I will never visit this salon again.

On a positive note, I am really enjoying my new hair, or lack there of.  One of my concerns, however, is that I look masculine.  I know that sounds crazy, but I really did feel that sense of uncertainty when I got dressed up to go clubbing with a group of friends.  I also wonder if men find women with minimal hair attractive.  I know...another crazy thought.  However, I know natural women attract certain types of men.  Unfortunatley, I just think those types of men are scarce where I live.  Ladies, what kind of reaction did you get after BCing or going natural from men?  Were you comfortable with your new look in the beginning?  I'm the one needing encouragement right now....

Monica

One more thing...As soon as I can afford a digital camera (hopefully soon), I will be posting pics and videos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment